Post by tolworthy on Sept 21, 2022 4:03:50 GMT -5
Hi guys! Just thought you might like to know about my new book, "Jack Kirby's History of the Future". My previous book, "The Lost Jack Kirby Stories", began as an appendix to this book. But this is the big one.
I initially planned to just review Jack Kirby's stories. But I got more and more interested in his lost civilisations, and his stories about the future. Kirby was Jewish. Kirby's sci-fi stories follow the ancient Jewish view of the future. The book began as a something light hearted, but got more and more serious. I ended up making a quick video to introduce the idea of lost civilisations. The video also takes you through the whole book.
The video is here:
You can get a free digital copy of the book here: www.tedagame.com/books/
And buy a physical copy here (the physical copy is best!): www.lulu.com/shop/chris-tolworthy/jack-kirbys-history-of-the-future/paperback/product-2g2dq9.html
Hope you like it!
And I hope it isn't too intense! It does include 16 complete Kirby stories, so you can just read those and ignore my insane theories.
Post by tolworthy on Sept 21, 2022 6:22:58 GMT -5
Somebody suggested that I add a "top ten" list. So here it is:
Top 10 things you didn't know about Kirby's sci-fi:
- So far, every dated prediction has come true.
- Kirby has a better record than any other futurologist (I know because I checked).
- Kirby's dates fit the ancient Jewish prophecies of the future.
- The space gods are modelled on the ancient equivalents of Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk.
- Space gods are due to judge the world in 2026
- The events of OMAC and Kamandi parallel Noah's Ark, and the book of Enoch
- Kirby's "prehistoric" stories all match up with real history
- Not only did Kirby write multiple stories about Atlantis, and n not only did he inspire Star Wars (the good bits at least), but the beginning of the original Star Wars was filmed within the site of the real Atlantis.
- Kirby himself was an "Eternal"
- The creator of Star Trek saw the same future that Kirby saw - and the creator of Star Trek was not Gene Roddenberry.
Plenty more where that came from.