Nominations for The Captain Jim Zimmerman Award (best overall member who most exemplifies the spirit of the CCF)
1. Please post no more than one nomination for best overall member who most exemplified the spirit of the CCF in our fifth year (between April 30th, 2018 at 9:22pm EST and April 30, 2019 at 9:21pm EST).
2. You must explain why you are nominating this person.
3. Please second no more than one nomination made by another member. You may not second your own nomination.
4. Any member that has previously won this awardshould not be nominated again unless they have done something especially different in the past year that is worthy of note. It is a given that past winning members continue to enrich the community. Let someone else have a turn
5. Any member receiving both a nomination and a second will be included in the final ballot for this award on May 25th.
6. Nominations and Seconds for this round conclude on May 22nd.
7. Absolutely NO negative talk about another member, nor another member's nomination. The very purpose of this event is to salute our members for all they contribute to this community. Though only one member will ultimately receive this award, you have the potential to thank and maybe touch any member you choose to nominate or second. Please don't use this opportunity to hurt or deflate someone.
So start your nominating!
Last Edit: May 23, 2019 13:51:44 GMT -5 by shaxper
Post by thwhtguardian on May 20, 2019 18:15:27 GMT -5
I'm going to go with The Captain for my choice; he so epitomizes what this community means to me that I had to double check and make sure he hadn't won the award yet( he hadn't but Confessor had! I voted for him!). You just won't find a more well rounded, level headed guy than the Captain here, or anywhere else.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP
The only reason I've never nominated Icctrombone previously is because I was sure he'd already won this one. Seriously, how has he not? George is positively the friendliest guy around these parts (I once suggested he's a buddy to every member here, and I meant it), and he cares so deeply about this community. No one pushes and second-guesses me harder on CCF events, and I consider that a positive thing! George writes to me when he worries that traffic is too low for a given week, or that a member is feeling ostracized or excluded. He clearly considers this place his home, and he works hard to make sure that each and every one of you feels welcome and content here. I find that remarkable and worthy of note.
Post by The Captain on May 20, 2019 20:45:13 GMT -5
I will gladly second Icctrombone. There's nothing I can add to this that shaxper didn't put far more eloquently than I ever could. George and I have sent each other comics when we knew the other was looking for specific things, and he always seems to be engaging with the community in a positive way, looking to make it better and more inviting.
As for my nomination, I'm honored and humbled to even be thought of for this award, let alone be put in the same group as the other nominees. This isn't my first nomination, yet each time, I can't help but feel overwhelmed by it.
"As a youngin' I used to share the colt 45 on the street corners with my friends. I'm not proud." - icctrombone
"If you are strong, be a protector. If you are smart, be a humble influencer. Strength and intelligence can be weapons, so do not wield them against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than that." - Chris Pratt
The fact that there is a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway to Heaven should tell us all we need to know about expected future traffic.