Post by Crimebuster on Jan 12, 2019 14:00:39 GMT -5
I have 20-30 comic book fonts I have collected over the last few months, so there are lots of options better than what I have used for this first pass. The differences between some of the comic fonts are very minor, so figuring out which one is just right is tricky. When I finish the line art, I will need to decide on a font before I proceed further, so some time next month I am planning to mock up a bunch of samples and get some feedback.
Post by Crimebuster on Jan 18, 2019 9:41:20 GMT -5
I think I mentioned this before, but I have a website for this project, and am doing weekly updates on my production blog. This week I have the second installment in a look at the process of creating the series co-star Trixie Trouble.
Post by Crimebuster on Feb 14, 2019 22:07:47 GMT -5
I've been having a lot of health issues recently, which has slowed me down some. But I am still plugging away - just finished the linework for page 24, and am beginning the linework for page 25 (out of 30). My goal at this point is to have all the linework done, as well as all the (first draft) dialogue and word balloons done, by the end of the month. I am still aiming to have the whole thing complete for a May 1st kickstarter launch, but we will see.
I finally decided to use Letteromatic from Blambot as my primary font. On the finished first page, I am still using Komika italics for the scroll speech, but after that, it's Letteromatic for almost everything else in the book, other than a couple places where I decided to use other fonts for effect.
Here's a look at the finished first page! I'm stoked!